Jack Johnson - "Live at Bonnaroo"


Every once in a while in life, you stumble upon a gem. This particular gem is flawless. Maybe I am just out of the loop, but I didnt know about this recording until a few days ago, and it has been on repeat in my iTunes ever since then.

We all know who Jack Johnson is, and we all know he is a damn cool guy. Not too many people in the world are pro athletes and then just decide one day that they are going to become international musical superstars, but he is one of them. I got this recording from a friend of mine, and I must say, its a great one. I have recently become a pretty big Sublime fan, and there is a rendition of Garden Grove mixed with Trenchtown Rock that just rules. The first track of the album, Bubble Toes, breaks out into a cover of Bob Marley's Stir It Up, which is pretty sweet too. Jack also covers Plastic Jesus in the beginning of the song Fall Line. All in all, the album kicks a whole truckload of ass, and G. Love makes a few of the songs ever cooler than they were before. It is a must have, the quality of recording is impeccable (I think Bonnaroo recorded it), and it is a good listen the whole way through. Two thumbs up.

Jack Johnson - "Live at Bonnaroo"

2 Responses to “Jack Johnson - "Live at Bonnaroo"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I AGREE


    jacks the best and so smooth and cool laid back raggae slash acoustic music of his i just love  

  2. # Anonymous Rachel

    I have seen JJ 3 summers in a row and cant wait until August so we can see him again. I LOVE JJ. My 6 year old knows almost every song he's made because we do not watch TV very often. I would much rather listen to some chillin... melodic...relaxing music instead.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com