Built to Spill - You NEED This

Here I am, writing this instead of my ten page research paper due last tuesday... but its for a good reason. These guys are freakin awesome. In my limited opinion, they may be the best indie rock band ever. On top of the fact that Doug Martsch's beard is probably the coolest beard on the face of the planet, he rocks especially hard, and has been a staple of the indie music scene for about 2 decades. 'Brownpower' and I had the extreme fortune of seeing these guys twice in the last few months... and they were absolutely great. There was a post a while back on BTS, so I wont say much... besides the fact that everyone needs to tell their friends to listen to this band, because they are that cool.

I just chose a few of my personal favorites, two are from the new You In Reverse, two from Theres Nothing Wrong With Love, which are both excellent albums. Also, theres a Doug solo song that is incredible... I recommend giving that a try, its nice and slidey:

Built to Spill - Big Dipper
(great lyrics)
Built to Spill - The Wait
Built to Spill - Twin Falls
Built to Spill - Conventional Wisdom (great guitar)


Doug Martsch Solo (read: awesome)

Doug Martsch - Dream

3 Responses to “Built to Spill - You NEED This”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I argee i really love built to spill. Your blog is great. I read it every day.  

  2. # Blogger Brendan

    you should have been here last night and heard what the big dipper said to me....  

  3. # Blogger Aerotones

    That brontasaurus must have stood a thousand miles high...  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com