Mazzy Star - Hope Sandoval Will Melt Your Heart



Back in my junior year at boarding school, a teacher came to teach us calculus... and he turned out to be a totally awesome dude who knew a shitload about all sorts of bands and genres. He gave me a bunch of CDs (because he has an incredible collection which he bought... with money... in a store) and in that pile of gems was a little band called Mazzy Star.

Every once in a while you come across a voice unlike any other you have ever heard. For me that voice belongs to Hope Sandoval, the lead singer of Mazzy Star. If you were to take Christmas morning, wrap it in a warm blanket fresh out of the dryer, and then coat the whole thing in smooth, rich, melty chocolate you would have some idea what she sounds like. The first time I heard this song, I knew that I would marry the woman singing without knowing what she looked like... turns out she's beautiful. Give this song a good listen over a warm cup of tea in a dark room and you will know what I mean.

MP3: Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

2 Responses to “Mazzy Star - Hope Sandoval Will Melt Your Heart”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    No joke...but you couldnt be more right. Her voice is amazing and so is this song...nice pick!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I`m love with her voice
    and it`s my favorite number!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com