Song of the Day - 4/21/06

I could probably say this a million times, but Ben Gibbard is a genius. Some call him cocky and self-serving, I say that he knows his talent and he's using it. Today's song comes from an independently created mix of "B-Sides" that I got from Heart and you can grab the four track album here. The song I chose is called "This Temporary Life," and it is a solo outing for Ben, although he chose to record an array of instruments rather than his usual acoustic solos. The song continues in true Gibbard-ian style with complex lyrical structure on simple chords and music. Ben Gibbard is one of the true geniuses of our generation. Here you go!

Ben Gibbard - "This Temporary Life"

0 Responses to “Song of the Day - 4/21/06”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com