Song of the Day - 10/19/06

Sorry, I just had to get it out of my system. I hope I didn't hurt anyone too much.
From 1979 to 2006, Gang of Four have really been giving it their all. Definitely pioneers in music, they have my respect. Unfortunately, today they really aren't as well known as one would like. I almost forgot about the excellence of their debut, Entertainment! until I took a look at the tracklist for the upcoming Marie Antoinette soundtrack, which isn't bad at all.

Here's your song, an amazing anthem that is sure to get you psyched for Friday. These songs were WAY before their time.
MP3: Gang of Four - "Natural's Not In It"
Bonus MP3: Gang of Four - "Damaged Goods"
Bonus MP3: Gang of Four - "Not Great Men"
Buy music from Gang of Four: Amazon | iTunes

I don't know much about the movie. I do know Sofia Coppola is pretty cool. Jason Schwartzman plays Louis XVI and Rip Torn (!!!) plays his father. Thats about it. In the sound department, they're doing something right. Enlisting the likes of Aphex Twin, Air, The Strokes, The Radio Dept., The Cure and more, I dig it (On TWO DISCS).

Here are a few of my recommended picks from the rest of the Marie Antoinette OST.
MP3: Air - "Il Secondo Giorno (Instrumental)"
MP3: The Cure - "Plainsong"
MP3: The Strokes - "What Ever Happened"
MP3: Jean Philippe Rameau w/ Christie - "Tristes Apprets.."
MP3: Siouxsie & The Banshees - "Hong Kong Garden"

Buy the Marie Antoinette OST: Amazon

Click here for the Making of the Marie Antoinette Soundtrack video.

1 Responses to “Song of the Day - 10/19/06”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow. Gof4 was a Band that I listened to when they first came out in the late 70s/early 80s. Now there's a wide spectrum! And to scroll down and see the Cure? What's next? 999? Buzzcocks? Public Image? Way to go on the ressurections!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com