I Believe in Mr. Grieves; TV On The Radio



Hot damn.

I usually don't post covers, but I stumbled across this today, and thought "Mr. Grieves? TV On The Radio? Isn't that a Pixies song? Someone probably just labeled it wrong." Then I realized that there was no way that anyone would label a Pixies song wrong, much less using a band that isn't even in megastardom status. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, try searching for Sweet Home Alabama in Limewire, and you'll get the same song, although it will be labeled as everyone from Queen to Pink Floyd when it's really Lynryd Skynyrd.)

Anyway. Back to what I was saying. I found this song today, and it is one of the best covers I have ever heard. And I don't hesitate to say that either. I was expecting it to be a boring note for note cover, and this blew me away. It is great.

Check it.

Mr. Grieves - The Pixies - Doolittle (1989)
Mr. Grieves - TV On The Radio - Young Liars (2003)

0 Responses to “I Believe in Mr. Grieves; TV On The Radio”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com