Song of the Day - 4/18/06

If you frequent You Ain't No Picasso, then I'm sure you've heard of Page France. These guys are in contention as one of my favorite upcoming bands out there. The buzz has been around for a few months, but I'm getting to them now.

Page France started as indie as possible. A few friends got together at the request of Michael Nau and recorded a few songs and although they sent out some copies at the time, the demo just ended up gathering dust for some time. Finally, years later, they were picked up by fall records and released Come, I'm a Lion! They just released their latest album entitled Hello, Dear Wind and I recommend you buy it right now!

Today's song of the day is my personal favorite off of their latest entitled, "Chariot." Page France is, first of all, lyrically amazing. Their songs compel listeners to analysis. By using strong, intempo percussion, they make simple tunes feel like marches or anthems. I would describe their sound as something like last year's Boy Least Likely To, for a reference. This song is definitely song of the day worthy... take a whack at it!

Page France - "Chariot"

2 Responses to “Song of the Day - 4/18/06”

  1. # Blogger wire

    I actually just put this song on a mix just last night...STOP READING MY MIND!!!  

  2. # Blogger brownpower

    HA HA! take that you doppleganger!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com