Song of the Day - 4/23/06

The John Butler Trio is a jam band from Australia led by guitarist and vocalist John Butler. Two albums released by the band Three (2001) and Living 2001-2002 (2003) have gone platinum in Australia and reached the top ten of the Australian album charts in those years. The 2004 album Sunrise Over Sea debuted at number one on the Australian charts on March 15, 2004 reaching gold record status in its first week on sale. This success is more impressive given that the bands releases are marketed independently by Jarrah Records which John Butler co-owns with West Australian folk band the Waifs.

The band has won an ARIA award for "Best Independent Release" for Three in 2001 and has been nominated for three others. Three was released in the U.S. in 2002 and the John Butler Trio toured the U.S. in that year supporting the Dave Matthews Band and John Mayer.

Take a look at that hippie. That is John Butler. I don't know that much about him, but I do know that he is truly amazing. I got the drop from a friend of mine and I am really beginning to see how amazing John Butler truly is. This live version of "Ocean" from St. Gallen is truly a musical work of art. Check it out!

John Butler Trio - "Ocean" (Live at St. Gallen's)

Also, here's John playing in a tree for GreenPeace... lol.

4 Responses to “Song of the Day - 4/23/06”

  1. # Blogger bran

    I just was randomly crusing around and I found this...

    Pretty freaking awesome.

    Keep up the awesome reviewing.  

  2. # Blogger bran

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I went to see the band 'Assembly of Dust' and was treated to the John Butler Trio opening for them. He put on one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen, and I can not say enough good stuff about this guy. Go buy 'Sunrise Over Sea'. I did during the show. You will NOT be disappointed.

    -D-tron  

  4. # Blogger brownpower

    does anyone want me to post the album?  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com