The Decemberists: A Short Musical History



With the Crane Wife approaching us very quickly, I think it is important to look back and see what they have done before this. I'm going to choose one of my favorite songs from each album or EP. I'm also including a track from Tarkio, which is Colin Meloy's band before he was in the Decemberists. I hope you all go out and buy the Crane Wife and enjoy it. If you like any of the other songs, buy the album! You'll probably like it, too.

Omnibus Tarkio - Keeping Me Awake

5 Songs The Decemberists - Oceanside

Castaways and Cutouts The Decemberists - Grace Cathedral Hill

Her Majesty The Decemberists - The Soldiering Life

The Decemberists - Everything I Try To Do, Nothing Seems To Turn Out Right

The TainI'm not going to post one for this, because it needs to be listened to as a whole (although I really like IV)

Picaresque The Decemberists - On The Busmall

Picaresqueties The Decemberists - Bridges and Balloons (Joanna Newsom Cover)

The Crane Wife The Decemberists - Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)


Website
iTunes

0 Responses to “The Decemberists: A Short Musical History”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com