Kweller & Kweli



I'm not going to waste a lot of time with this, but when I listened to Talib Kweli's latest mixtape back in the winter, I came upon a very familiar hook... after a few seconds I realized it was Ben Kweller's "In Other Words" from his album Sha Sha... and I think it works really well. Ms. Hill is a song about how fine Lauryn Hill is or something. Think Tank brings up a good point too (post is HERE), I think that a crossover of this kind really hits more than one audience and lets Kweli tap into the hugely untapped indie demographic for rappers. Here are both the tracks... for comparison.

Ben Kweller - In Other Words

Talib Kweli - Ms. Hill

1 Responses to “Kweller & Kweli”

  1. # Blogger wire

    I heard about this a while ago, I thought it was kind of funny...  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com