Song of the Day - 9/22/06

That's good a good press kit.

I never gave Mr. Meloy enough respect... I'll be honest. More and more I am realizing how important a vocal melody is to music. In that aspect, NO ONE is better than the Decemberists. There is a lot to be excited for on their new record. If you were one of the many who downloaded the leak of The Crane Wife, you're going to have to keep a lookout because as a result of the leak, the band has gone back to the studio to remaster the whole album.

In the meantime, here is one of my favorites from the upcoming The Crane Wife.

MP3: The Decemberists - "O Valencia!"

Preorder The Crane Wife

Bonus!MP3: The Decemberists - "Summersong"

1 Responses to “Song of the Day - 9/22/06”

  1. # Blogger RaZzMaTaZz

    The Decemberists totally rock!
    Great song for a (still rainy, but) great day!
    Thanks guys!

    PS. Do you, by any chance, have anything by Dead Famous People? I've been haunted with "Postcard from Paradise" for two years now, but I can't find this damn song anywhere.. or anything else by this band, and it's a pity 'cause my instinct tells me that they must be really good. So, can you help?  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Just Pretend | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Counters
Site Counter

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com